Dear, Run.
Arrows in your
belly and ribs
and rear
you were once
wounded, dear.
Limping,
Heartsick,
Struggling to
catch up
green from
my successes.
But I have never
been
hidden, easy,
in the shade.
Little did
you know I was still
clad in bloodied skins.
I was running,
still running,
still running,
still running,
from you.
Why do you chase me still?
Or are you trying to outrun
me once again?
based on Pocahontas, by Annie Leibovitz
Saturday, April 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Reach for the clouds. . .
Tickle your toes. . .
-
it's not possible. I think the problem must be- too much love and hate.
-
When standing in a garden of profundity everything loses it's meaning... and when stopping to smell the chromatic wisdoms you are lost i...
-
The Anchor for Joel When love embarks, with its generating propellers slicing through the interminable oceans of imperfection that are, for ...
-
Recently I have been really attempting to delve into what it means to be a poet. Jim Morrison once wanted to be a poet, and look where it go...
-
there ain't no other place like you to roam. where I dug in my heels and said "No, I won't come home!" Dancing in the warb...
-
take flight in linen and lace. things will mesh if you want them to. just throw yourself up against it and maneuver dainty fingers over tiny...
-
August 2003! A spree, and the W.A.P another month of you and possibly me W.A.P stands for wild animal park, if you don't remember- the ...
-
It's not the pen It is the ink But it is the dishes and not the sink and it's never in your eye but in your wink it's just froze...
-
The fog has permenantly frosted the window pane- my fingers tracing, communicating nothing, I leave perpetual markings--eternal my love for ...
I love, love, love this. <3
ReplyDeleteaaw, thank you Dana. :)
ReplyDeleteI don't know what it is about this that I like, but I think it's probably "Why do you chase me still?
ReplyDeleteOr are you trying to outrun
me once again?" Because sometimes people don't think of the right motives, if that makes any sense?
precicely. you hit the nail on the head.
ReplyDeleteand you know who this is about too. ;)