Rain, dearest friend.
You know just when to pound on my head.
I know there is more to this world, than
what I have given from inside myself.
Just as the rain keeps coming
a relief from hellish fever-
Blood keeps flowing even after
you think you've let it all out of you.
And the rain finds a way to beat on my window
again,
to ask me when it can come in.
I don't know, I don't know, I don't know!
Rain, dearest friend, soothe me,
slink down my skin, caressing me.
You have been so cold,
You have stung me,
Why do I ache for more?
Inside from this I am safe,
Running from you, helps me to forget.
I don't want to cause a flood,
I cannot let you soak everything I have
worked so hard to
keep dry.
Alternate version:
Dear friend,
You know when the book on my head is balanced.
And I know there is more to this world,
as I forever give the inside of myself.
Just as the rain keeps coming-
relief from fever-hell-
Blood flows freely, even after
you think you've left it all onto me.
And the rain is one way of beating on my window
again-
to ask when he can come in.
I do not know, I do not know, I do not know!
Rain, dear, calm down,
slink to my skin, caress me.
You were so cold
You stung me,
Why do I hurt more?
Why do I ache for hurt,
Why do I want more rain?
Within this shelter, I am safe
Duration of you, helps me forget.
I do not want to cause a flood
I can not let the rain taste everything I
worked so hard to
keep dry.
Saturday, July 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Reach for the clouds. . .
Tickle your toes. . .
-
it's not possible. I think the problem must be- too much love and hate.
-
Ah, 7. The number in question. During this process of developing my first full-length work of prose, and a memoir to boot, I have considered...
-
Out the window, I thought I saw Emily pale, gawking. a green T-shirt. bouncing firey springs on her head.
-
The Anchor for Joel When love embarks, with its generating propellers slicing through the interminable oceans of imperfection that are, for ...
-
Recently I have been really attempting to delve into what it means to be a poet. Jim Morrison once wanted to be a poet, and look where it go...
-
My latest endeavor is to begin reading "Tell it Slant: Writing and Shaping Creative Nonfiction" by Brenda Miller and Suzanne Paula...
-
I dismiss my mounds of paper, habitual piling. I embrace a soft blue-jay's tail.
-
August 2003! A spree, and the W.A.P another month of you and possibly me W.A.P stands for wild animal park, if you don't remember- the ...
-
It's not the pen It is the ink But it is the dishes and not the sink and it's never in your eye but in your wink it's just froze...
love love love. saw a lot of myself in this. <3
ReplyDeleteyay, Dana
ReplyDeleteKeep dry. <3
ReplyDelete