Dick
for Sylvia Plath
Some will read our story,
and will not understand,
why I left you, so selfishly
At your most uncomfortable.
I really was in a state,
where I had to limp away,
And limp it became yes, I was.
There was no steel pin in this heart.
I hope it is clear to you friend,
how dear you were to me,
A friend, my Buddy,
Some will not glean that,
from our story.
No, I am just a selfish girl,
Leaving you, so vulnerable,
so fearing of death, so
dismayed. Limp,
and limping away.
Crawled under that heavy mortar
with each pound about to fall onto me,
I took each pound like an ounce
down my throat.
Compared to the shocks
whizzing between my ears
(Like the sound of the ocean
But not nearly as soothing)
Ray Brook at Saranac
Wasn't such awful place,
But I was, as you know,
too splintered, almost broken,
So I split.
Well now you know where I went.
I wrote our story in such a way,
my dearest friend, so that I would
always seem the villain. While
some equally selfish girls
young co-eds on the prowl
will champion me,
I will tell you, I never meant
for that.
I only meant for them to hate me.
Sunday, April 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Reach for the clouds. . .
Tickle your toes. . .
-
it's not possible. I think the problem must be- too much love and hate.
-
When standing in a garden of profundity everything loses it's meaning... and when stopping to smell the chromatic wisdoms you are lost i...
-
there ain't no other place like you to roam. where I dug in my heels and said "No, I won't come home!" Dancing in the warb...
-
The Anchor for Joel When love embarks, with its generating propellers slicing through the interminable oceans of imperfection that are, for ...
-
Recently I have been really attempting to delve into what it means to be a poet. Jim Morrison once wanted to be a poet, and look where it go...
-
take flight in linen and lace. things will mesh if you want them to. just throw yourself up against it and maneuver dainty fingers over tiny...
-
August 2003! A spree, and the W.A.P another month of you and possibly me W.A.P stands for wild animal park, if you don't remember- the ...
-
It's not the pen It is the ink But it is the dishes and not the sink and it's never in your eye but in your wink it's just froze...
-
The fog has permenantly frosted the window pane- my fingers tracing, communicating nothing, I leave perpetual markings--eternal my love for ...
Amy, this has got to be my favorite so far!
ReplyDeleteI love the ending, please allow me to quote:
"some equally selfish girls
young co-eds on the prowl
will champion me,
I will tell you, I never meant
for that.
I only meant for them to hate me."
This definitely sounds authentic.
Cheers.
I hope so. I would hate to not be authentic.
ReplyDelete