Life is moving
too quickly
for thesaurus thumbing
and all of my great ideas
are on torn loose leaf again,
and all of my musings
are now given to
my friends who-
will out
my loving thoughts
from my great big
giant heart that
seems to have room
for it all.
But doesn't seem
to want to let a single
poetic word fall.
Wednesday, May 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Reach for the clouds. . .
Tickle your toes. . .
-
it's not possible. I think the problem must be- too much love and hate.
-
there ain't no other place like you to roam. where I dug in my heels and said "No, I won't come home!" Dancing in the warb...
-
When standing in a garden of profundity everything loses it's meaning... and when stopping to smell the chromatic wisdoms you are lost i...
-
August 2003! A spree, and the W.A.P another month of you and possibly me W.A.P stands for wild animal park, if you don't remember- the ...
-
motionless sap. ogling your shadow, you have much thinking to do. has the potassium kicked you in the arse yet-and got you going? you a...
-
We're both writers but, why is it that we cannot truly express what it is we feel without the recommendation of a movie reel- We're ...
-
take flight in linen and lace. things will mesh if you want them to. just throw yourself up against it and maneuver dainty fingers over tiny...
-
Ah, 7. The number in question. During this process of developing my first full-length work of prose, and a memoir to boot, I have considered...
-
Oh, the elasticity of birth. Where we can pull on the slack of the cord and snap. Finally, pull back from Mother, leaving a scar on our mid...
I know how this feels... :-\
ReplyDeleteAmy, another wonderful piece. I'm sure any true poet could easily relate to this. I know it definitely resonated with me.
ReplyDelete"And all of my great ideas are on torn loose leaf again"
That line really stands out for me. As well as;
"Doesn't seem to want to let a single poetic word fall."
I think for someone who insinuates having writer's block in their poem, you sure managed to construct an interesting and fun poem.
I could keep going, but I'm going to shut up now, hah... Anyway, cheers!
Dana: Aw, :-x
ReplyDeleteNathan:Thank you, my friend! <3