Love is impatient with me.
Love is unkind to me.
It envies.
It boasts.
It is so proud.
Love was once rude, it sought only itself
and then was easily angered.
It remembered every mistake
I made, and recorded every wrong.
And never let me forget it.
And for a time
Love even delighted in the evil
of leaving me unrequited.
It rejoiced in everyone's deceit.
Now Love abandons me,
it denies me still--
Somehow it lost faith in me,
and it gave up.
I guess it's because I always fail.
Saturday, July 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Reach for the clouds. . .
Tickle your toes. . .
-
Dear, Run. Arrows in your belly and ribs and rear you were once wounded, dear. Limping, Heartsick, Struggling to catch up green from my succ...
-
The Eternal Critic The light verses dark and the smudged and softened brush strokes suggests to me it is, as always, religious propaganda of...
-
you don't care, even though you were there. and so like you the little exhausted children sleep through all of the noise, and florescent...
-
Love is impatient with me. Love is unkind to me. It envies. It boasts. It is so proud. Love was once rude, it sought only itself and then wa...
-
Another Indian woman living on our block has hair swept back and braided has jeweled toes, is in all yellow traditional regalia, and walks w...
-
hunger is sometimes preferable to loneliness. a stomach will twist- but hands become dirty and heavy when full of coins.
-
husband and I trek a mile for ice cream just for the creamy banana, crunchy pecans, and chunks of thumb-sized chocolate. shoes flipping and...
-
The fog has permenantly frosted the window pane- my fingers tracing, communicating nothing, I leave perpetual markings--eternal my love for ...
-
There is a hidden warmth in you you do not show to others and it pulls me under like quick sand. Or maybe it is the movement of the sands th...
-
I am the palm touching my cheek, and hiding my face, I am dead nerve endings--pulsating alive again, I am the little girl who cuddles viciou...
This is very good. I like the take on the Corinthians verse, very creative.
ReplyDeleteWe all fail, many times. Love is elusive. If you find it, great!
Thanks for commenting on my log.
Paul
Thanks for the same :)
ReplyDelete