The ache in my jaw reminds me
of my age, that I'm
still cutting teeth on
broken sage and giving up
meat is my best bet,
because I'm not a dark
horse in the running yet.
Comedies, Histories, Tragedies
it's all the same-
since the invention of the game
-since the pretenton of the working day.
Since the invention of play.
Bright lights flash, and another cliche
and then another, let's call it a day.
Whatever did people do without paved walk
Whatever did they do without small talk
Whatever did they do without broken chalk
I'd say their day was still pretty full
Without all the stupid push and pull
Without all that pointless bull.
Children ran through the fields, wild and free,
that's what they told me, that's how it used to be
I wasn't sure, but I trusted it--
but they are all gone now, no one left to aquit.
Wednesday, October 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Reach for the clouds. . .
Tickle your toes. . .
-
it's not possible. I think the problem must be- too much love and hate.
-
When standing in a garden of profundity everything loses it's meaning... and when stopping to smell the chromatic wisdoms you are lost i...
-
The Anchor for Joel When love embarks, with its generating propellers slicing through the interminable oceans of imperfection that are, for ...
-
Recently I have been really attempting to delve into what it means to be a poet. Jim Morrison once wanted to be a poet, and look where it go...
-
there ain't no other place like you to roam. where I dug in my heels and said "No, I won't come home!" Dancing in the warb...
-
take flight in linen and lace. things will mesh if you want them to. just throw yourself up against it and maneuver dainty fingers over tiny...
-
August 2003! A spree, and the W.A.P another month of you and possibly me W.A.P stands for wild animal park, if you don't remember- the ...
-
It's not the pen It is the ink But it is the dishes and not the sink and it's never in your eye but in your wink it's just froze...
-
The fog has permenantly frosted the window pane- my fingers tracing, communicating nothing, I leave perpetual markings--eternal my love for ...
No comments:
Post a Comment