The fog has permenantly frosted the window pane-
my fingers tracing, communicating nothing,
I leave perpetual markings--eternal
my love for you dearest one,
troubled, forbidden, bedeviling--you.
precious hieroglyphics for future generations
to ponder--were we a society obsessed with
nothing but each other, with love,
with ourselves?
We are only star-gazers
We only reach for the stars
too
far
away.
My fist breaks through the glass--
shattering the barricade between
me, and sweet, dark air.
Thursday, October 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Reach for the clouds. . .
Tickle your toes. . .
-
it's not possible. I think the problem must be- too much love and hate.
-
Ah, 7. The number in question. During this process of developing my first full-length work of prose, and a memoir to boot, I have considered...
-
Out the window, I thought I saw Emily pale, gawking. a green T-shirt. bouncing firey springs on her head.
-
The Anchor for Joel When love embarks, with its generating propellers slicing through the interminable oceans of imperfection that are, for ...
-
Recently I have been really attempting to delve into what it means to be a poet. Jim Morrison once wanted to be a poet, and look where it go...
-
My latest endeavor is to begin reading "Tell it Slant: Writing and Shaping Creative Nonfiction" by Brenda Miller and Suzanne Paula...
-
I dismiss my mounds of paper, habitual piling. I embrace a soft blue-jay's tail.
-
August 2003! A spree, and the W.A.P another month of you and possibly me W.A.P stands for wild animal park, if you don't remember- the ...
-
It's not the pen It is the ink But it is the dishes and not the sink and it's never in your eye but in your wink it's just froze...
No comments:
Post a Comment