the form will shape me
the sadness creeps as it would-
and the child dies young.
guitar on her hip
she sleeps so very soundly
so the very sound-
the sound will sorround
in her black and red cliche
checkerboard jumping.
they say that no life
is better than one life is-
better than nothing.
disloyal and sad-
there are people in this world-
hopping, leaping mad,
heartaches and toothaches and with
hanging twisted rope
they actually do it.
a reflex kicking
you are only fingers and-
yet you do not grasp-
complete, this is it.
a snowshoe crunches forward.
gone, I am so gone.
Sunday, February 27, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Reach for the clouds. . .
Tickle your toes. . .
-
it's not possible. I think the problem must be- too much love and hate.
-
Ah, 7. The number in question. During this process of developing my first full-length work of prose, and a memoir to boot, I have considered...
-
Out the window, I thought I saw Emily pale, gawking. a green T-shirt. bouncing firey springs on her head.
-
The Anchor for Joel When love embarks, with its generating propellers slicing through the interminable oceans of imperfection that are, for ...
-
Recently I have been really attempting to delve into what it means to be a poet. Jim Morrison once wanted to be a poet, and look where it go...
-
My latest endeavor is to begin reading "Tell it Slant: Writing and Shaping Creative Nonfiction" by Brenda Miller and Suzanne Paula...
-
I dismiss my mounds of paper, habitual piling. I embrace a soft blue-jay's tail.
-
It's not the pen It is the ink But it is the dishes and not the sink and it's never in your eye but in your wink it's just froze...
-
The fog has permenantly frosted the window pane- my fingers tracing, communicating nothing, I leave perpetual markings--eternal my love for ...
These are fun/interesting to read aloud. Very nice!
ReplyDelete