secret fancies don't really bother me, alright?
but know that once you tell me I become
either
like a turtle
and snap my smile shut
jerking my neck up
and down while I accidentally tip
over and roll away. slink
my head into my shell and never be seen
again-
or like a dove.
and all fluffed up and chest out
perch on your shoulder
just to ruffle you up a bit.
Monday, August 15, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Reach for the clouds. . .
Tickle your toes. . .
-
it's not possible. I think the problem must be- too much love and hate.
-
Ah, 7. The number in question. During this process of developing my first full-length work of prose, and a memoir to boot, I have considered...
-
Out the window, I thought I saw Emily pale, gawking. a green T-shirt. bouncing firey springs on her head.
-
The Anchor for Joel When love embarks, with its generating propellers slicing through the interminable oceans of imperfection that are, for ...
-
Recently I have been really attempting to delve into what it means to be a poet. Jim Morrison once wanted to be a poet, and look where it go...
-
My latest endeavor is to begin reading "Tell it Slant: Writing and Shaping Creative Nonfiction" by Brenda Miller and Suzanne Paula...
-
When standing in a garden of profundity everything loses it's meaning... and when stopping to smell the chromatic wisdoms you are lost i...
-
I dismiss my mounds of paper, habitual piling. I embrace a soft blue-jay's tail.
-
August 2003! A spree, and the W.A.P another month of you and possibly me W.A.P stands for wild animal park, if you don't remember- the ...
So, what's a fella to do? I liked this very much. Good job. - mosk
ReplyDeleteI like the simple, honest and sense of fun about this.
ReplyDeletehaha. thank you both.
ReplyDeletelove it.
ReplyDelete;)
very sweet...
ReplyDeleteI really like this one. Made me smile!
ReplyDeleteHere's my second offering for this week: http://charleslmashburn.wordpress.com/2011/08/18/i-am-loved/