The Anchor
for Joel
When love embarks,
with its generating
propellers slicing through
the interminable oceans
of imperfection
that are, for a moment,
entirely perfect,
We greet them.
We are exquisitely aroused
and have effervescent eyes
that gorge themselves on
the way that fireball displays
vitalities on the water.
The propulsion of this
journey is inescapable,
irreversible
and the anchor swings with us
all the way inside of us.
And so we do.
And so the way that person is
when we first fall in love
is always inside of us.
Saturday, April 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Reach for the clouds. . .
Tickle your toes. . .
-
it's not possible. I think the problem must be- too much love and hate.
-
Ah, 7. The number in question. During this process of developing my first full-length work of prose, and a memoir to boot, I have considered...
-
Out the window, I thought I saw Emily pale, gawking. a green T-shirt. bouncing firey springs on her head.
-
The Anchor for Joel When love embarks, with its generating propellers slicing through the interminable oceans of imperfection that are, for ...
-
Recently I have been really attempting to delve into what it means to be a poet. Jim Morrison once wanted to be a poet, and look where it go...
-
My latest endeavor is to begin reading "Tell it Slant: Writing and Shaping Creative Nonfiction" by Brenda Miller and Suzanne Paula...
-
I dismiss my mounds of paper, habitual piling. I embrace a soft blue-jay's tail.
-
August 2003! A spree, and the W.A.P another month of you and possibly me W.A.P stands for wild animal park, if you don't remember- the ...
-
It's not the pen It is the ink But it is the dishes and not the sink and it's never in your eye but in your wink it's just froze...
I enjoyed your take on a 'romantic' poem or dedication. :)
ReplyDeleteI really love the lines,
"We are exquisitely aroused
and have effervescent eyes
that gorge themselves on
the way that fireball displays
vitalities on the water."
Great description, Amy!
Thanks Suz! That's Joel's favorite part too! :)
ReplyDeleteSuzy pointed out my favorite part, too! I hope Joel reads these poems you write for him. :-)
ReplyDeletehe does of course, bowl of cereal in hand. lol
ReplyDeleteAgreeing with Suzy and Dana that the descriptions in this poem are amazing, but I really, really love the lines:
ReplyDelete"And so the way that person is
when we first fall in love
is always inside of us."
Because I completely agree with it, and it can be a positive or a negative, really. <3 Fantastic.
<3
ReplyDelete