Delayed Response
You may write me a requiem.
You may sing me a song.
You may write me a poem.
You may send my parents flowers.
You may announce you always loved me.
You may sculpt a statue.
You may send my husband a card.
You may write my sister a letter.
But until you can see
the reality of you and me
Please,
Do not come to my funeral.
Partly Human
They were once the only human.
The person we knew and loved
is now broken bits of speech
and half-machinery.
Partly synthetic.
Fuzzy receptions.
They are partly edible
and have had morsels eaten from them.
Revealing the bite marks.
They have lost their totality
they have been stripped and peeled.
They have changed
They have changed
They have changed
They have changed
They have changed
They are different.
They are different.
They are different.
They are different.
Partly.
But we
press on, in love with the
undying retentions.
The pieces we identify with
the skin.
The teeth.
The bone.
And that reaction, why,
That is also
Partly Human.
Sunday, April 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Reach for the clouds. . .
Tickle your toes. . .
-
RICK: Hey Rick? DICK: Yea, Dick? RICK: See that sky roll on by? (points) DICK: ...Oh, my... RICK: Don't i-t'almost makes yer wanner....
-
there ain't no other place like you to roam. where I dug in my heels and said "No, I won't come home!" Dancing in the warb...
-
Another Indian woman living on our block has hair swept back and braided has jeweled toes, is in all yellow traditional regalia, and walks w...
-
hunger is sometimes preferable to loneliness. a stomach will twist- but hands become dirty and heavy when full of coins.
-
driving home from the farmer's market- I can't see anything- through this storm- I come home to sleep- with you-rest in your arms fu...
-
In my dreams I am the fictional version of myself. The one I seek to be in my short-stories and prose. The one who gets her point across but...
-
like me- it serves as a question as well as an appropriately foolish letter in bad company it only teams up with words like yodel, ...
-
Out the window, I thought I saw Emily pale, gawking. a green T-shirt. bouncing firey springs on her head.
-
motionless sap. ogling your shadow, you have much thinking to do. has the potassium kicked you in the arse yet-and got you going? you a...
-
husband and I trek a mile for ice cream just for the creamy banana, crunchy pecans, and chunks of thumb-sized chocolate. shoes flipping and...
Not sure what you're meaning by the first one but "But until you can see
ReplyDeletethe reality of you and me
Please,
Do not come to my funeral" is really powerful for me...
I am with you there, sister. lol.
ReplyDelete