I
There is a little car,
it can get us pretty far,
300+ miles, to not be exact,
somehow that thing,
it stays in tact.
II
The car's now parked next
to the lawn,
that's pretty,
but half overgrown,
unlike the piles of itchy hand-me-downs.
We still have nothing of our own.
III
I close my eyes, imagine
her dressed in lilacs
and daffodils,
I awaken, remembering
her legs are prickly,
and bare.
With scratches,
from excessive irritations.
IV
Her dress is covered in lilacs
and daffodils,
she is somewhere, dreaming,
she is anywhere but here.
She has her own footstool.
She has her own name.
V
Her face is painted pale,
faded blue, her teeth-
red bricks with bloody
mortar.
No one ever visits her.
Moldy footprints on the step,
-on their way out.
Well, now, here-
We are.
Home, crap, home.
Monday, May 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Reach for the clouds. . .
Tickle your toes. . .
-
it's not possible. I think the problem must be- too much love and hate.
-
there ain't no other place like you to roam. where I dug in my heels and said "No, I won't come home!" Dancing in the warb...
-
When standing in a garden of profundity everything loses it's meaning... and when stopping to smell the chromatic wisdoms you are lost i...
-
August 2003! A spree, and the W.A.P another month of you and possibly me W.A.P stands for wild animal park, if you don't remember- the ...
-
The Anchor for Joel When love embarks, with its generating propellers slicing through the interminable oceans of imperfection that are, for ...
-
motionless sap. ogling your shadow, you have much thinking to do. has the potassium kicked you in the arse yet-and got you going? you a...
-
We're both writers but, why is it that we cannot truly express what it is we feel without the recommendation of a movie reel- We're ...
-
take flight in linen and lace. things will mesh if you want them to. just throw yourself up against it and maneuver dainty fingers over tiny...
-
Ah, 7. The number in question. During this process of developing my first full-length work of prose, and a memoir to boot, I have considered...
Extremely vivid descriptions here. I've noticed that is a strength of yours in your writing. I envy you for that, since description is not one of my strong suits.
ReplyDeleteCheers.
I love this, Amy...very emotional, love the separation and the tones in each part... <3
ReplyDelete