There are holes in these walls
and someone is pounding away
making new ones.
A little girl with a bell hammer
smack smack smack
She only bangs on the piano keys
doesn't want to say the word please.
why should she ask nicely
for something she will never receive?
There's a hole in this wall
No one will cover with plaster
someone made a mistake here
and now it's a disaster
sweeping up the pieces
in military fashion
hide them in a heap of lies.
hide them in a heap of goodbyes.
pull the wool over my eyes.
I once grabbed the first sharp edge that was handy
and cut myself out of every family picture
and then carved a large chip on my shoulder.
goodbye, goodbye, goodbye,
smack, smack, smack,
pound, pound, pound.
Goodbye.
Saturday, June 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Reach for the clouds. . .
Tickle your toes. . .
-
it's not possible. I think the problem must be- too much love and hate.
-
Ah, 7. The number in question. During this process of developing my first full-length work of prose, and a memoir to boot, I have considered...
-
Out the window, I thought I saw Emily pale, gawking. a green T-shirt. bouncing firey springs on her head.
-
The Anchor for Joel When love embarks, with its generating propellers slicing through the interminable oceans of imperfection that are, for ...
-
Recently I have been really attempting to delve into what it means to be a poet. Jim Morrison once wanted to be a poet, and look where it go...
-
My latest endeavor is to begin reading "Tell it Slant: Writing and Shaping Creative Nonfiction" by Brenda Miller and Suzanne Paula...
-
I dismiss my mounds of paper, habitual piling. I embrace a soft blue-jay's tail.
-
August 2003! A spree, and the W.A.P another month of you and possibly me W.A.P stands for wild animal park, if you don't remember- the ...
-
It's not the pen It is the ink But it is the dishes and not the sink and it's never in your eye but in your wink it's just froze...
"I once grabbed the first sharp edge that was handy and cut myself out of every family picture"
ReplyDeleteThis made me quiver...
it's eerie, yeah?
ReplyDeleteooh yes, delightfully eerie this is. <3
ReplyDelete