There are three things I
will never forget about you
And they are all-
hush hush
go away
don't go away
leave me
don't leave me-
and leave me with
these secret scars
these secrets again
these things I end up
seeing in my head
these words I end up
eating.
Let's eat
Let's eat them
Let's eat them together.
When you are all-
sized up there
is so much
not so much but
still so much
so so much-
left me wanting
left to want
wanting left.
The wanting
never left me.
And so the pain
I could not swallow
and the pain
it's left me hollow
but the pain was
something I'd borrow
so I could know
everything you feel.
And I still feel
and you still feel
and we both feel this
thing so fucking real.
Let's pretend
I am-
I am sitting
I am sitting next to you
I am sitting on the bar
stool, you are standing
at the stove. Or
you won't, Won't you
make me-
make me something
something to celebrate
10 years with you
as I sit in bed eating
another dinner alone.
And I am all-
In the now because
of then-and
I sit still
and still
still have
I still have the ring
you bought me.
Tuesday, June 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Reach for the clouds. . .
Tickle your toes. . .
-
it's not possible. I think the problem must be- too much love and hate.
-
Ah, 7. The number in question. During this process of developing my first full-length work of prose, and a memoir to boot, I have considered...
-
Out the window, I thought I saw Emily pale, gawking. a green T-shirt. bouncing firey springs on her head.
-
The Anchor for Joel When love embarks, with its generating propellers slicing through the interminable oceans of imperfection that are, for ...
-
Recently I have been really attempting to delve into what it means to be a poet. Jim Morrison once wanted to be a poet, and look where it go...
-
My latest endeavor is to begin reading "Tell it Slant: Writing and Shaping Creative Nonfiction" by Brenda Miller and Suzanne Paula...
-
I dismiss my mounds of paper, habitual piling. I embrace a soft blue-jay's tail.
-
August 2003! A spree, and the W.A.P another month of you and possibly me W.A.P stands for wild animal park, if you don't remember- the ...
-
It's not the pen It is the ink But it is the dishes and not the sink and it's never in your eye but in your wink it's just froze...
No comments:
Post a Comment