This hurting is an eagle's ache.
with unclipped, unfurled rage hidden inside
a broken break
or beak.
But I've decided to move things along
softly swifly with only
my body, and the wind,
gliding-
no longer will I speak.
Sunday, March 6, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Reach for the clouds. . .
Tickle your toes. . .
-
it's not possible. I think the problem must be- too much love and hate.
-
When standing in a garden of profundity everything loses it's meaning... and when stopping to smell the chromatic wisdoms you are lost i...
-
there ain't no other place like you to roam. where I dug in my heels and said "No, I won't come home!" Dancing in the warb...
-
August 2003! A spree, and the W.A.P another month of you and possibly me W.A.P stands for wild animal park, if you don't remember- the ...
-
The Anchor for Joel When love embarks, with its generating propellers slicing through the interminable oceans of imperfection that are, for ...
-
We're both writers but, why is it that we cannot truly express what it is we feel without the recommendation of a movie reel- We're ...
-
take flight in linen and lace. things will mesh if you want them to. just throw yourself up against it and maneuver dainty fingers over tiny...
-
It's not the pen It is the ink But it is the dishes and not the sink and it's never in your eye but in your wink it's just froze...
-
everything on my desk is blue. plus my shirt and my fingernails too- because I am here without you.
You have a very distinct and refreshing voice; I'm enjoying reading through your work. I like this sharp piece in particular.
ReplyDelete"This hurting is an eagle's ache" - what a wonderful line! The image of gliding works really well here and gives the reader a lift, as well. Nice to see you here at Poets United.
ReplyDeleteThank you, I'm happy to be apart of the group!
ReplyDelete