Saturday, May 5, 2012
competition
I might even chance to stand on your back, for a lift,
I wish my conscience could shirk the endless streaming seeds,
inside my head, your breath, so windy, inspired.
But, no, I am not who you once were I am forever me.
but you don't remember, even though you were there.
I see a wrinkle in the corner of each eye,
for every smile, a wrinkle in your neck for each nod,
a wrinkle in your toes for each step ahead. And at times
it seems that is all that separates us, a toe.
What is competition? Should we compare notes? Stains
in our teeth? lumps in our flesh? woes in our head?
Should we compare pricks, in our hearts, a pissing contest
of damages.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Reach for the clouds. . .
Tickle your toes. . .
-
it's not possible. I think the problem must be- too much love and hate.
-
Ah, 7. The number in question. During this process of developing my first full-length work of prose, and a memoir to boot, I have considered...
-
Out the window, I thought I saw Emily pale, gawking. a green T-shirt. bouncing firey springs on her head.
-
The Anchor for Joel When love embarks, with its generating propellers slicing through the interminable oceans of imperfection that are, for ...
-
Recently I have been really attempting to delve into what it means to be a poet. Jim Morrison once wanted to be a poet, and look where it go...
-
My latest endeavor is to begin reading "Tell it Slant: Writing and Shaping Creative Nonfiction" by Brenda Miller and Suzanne Paula...
-
I dismiss my mounds of paper, habitual piling. I embrace a soft blue-jay's tail.
-
August 2003! A spree, and the W.A.P another month of you and possibly me W.A.P stands for wild animal park, if you don't remember- the ...
-
It's not the pen It is the ink But it is the dishes and not the sink and it's never in your eye but in your wink it's just froze...
No comments:
Post a Comment