lean in a little.
say it like it's a secret.
make your breath sound like italics.
click your tongue against the roof your mouth
then you'll sound like me.
the typewriter.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Reach for the clouds. . .
Tickle your toes. . .
-
it's not possible. I think the problem must be- too much love and hate.
-
When standing in a garden of profundity everything loses it's meaning... and when stopping to smell the chromatic wisdoms you are lost i...
-
there ain't no other place like you to roam. where I dug in my heels and said "No, I won't come home!" Dancing in the warb...
-
August 2003! A spree, and the W.A.P another month of you and possibly me W.A.P stands for wild animal park, if you don't remember- the ...
-
The Anchor for Joel When love embarks, with its generating propellers slicing through the interminable oceans of imperfection that are, for ...
-
We're both writers but, why is it that we cannot truly express what it is we feel without the recommendation of a movie reel- We're ...
-
take flight in linen and lace. things will mesh if you want them to. just throw yourself up against it and maneuver dainty fingers over tiny...
-
It's not the pen It is the ink But it is the dishes and not the sink and it's never in your eye but in your wink it's just froze...
-
everything on my desk is blue. plus my shirt and my fingernails too- because I am here without you.
psst... I love you, typewriter. :)
ReplyDeleteSeriously though, does anyone actually use a typewriter these days? (Much less talk to one?)
if I did, I'd never get anything done on time lol.
ReplyDeleteClever; I loved it...mine would say "chatterbox" lol
ReplyDeleteThis is great! I remember those typewriter days... you captured the sounds perfectly.
ReplyDeleteHow sweet a relationship. A typewriter, is so very close in thought!!!
ReplyDeleteEileen
I started off at age eleven typing on an old Underwood my grandpa gave me. I typed incredibly fast with two fingers.........for decades, while one key after another fell off. I resisted the computer and word processor, but what a revelation once I switched over........no more White-Out by the gallon!!!!!
ReplyDeleteMy kids remember going to sleep and waking up to the sound of me banging away on the keys.......thanks for the memories:)
surely :) sounds like you have part of a memoir there.
ReplyDeletethis is fantastic
ReplyDeletelove - make your breath sound like italics
thanks Jo!
ReplyDeletesmart.
ReplyDeletethanks Jingle!
ReplyDeleteI love this one I haven't used a typewriter sense I was 11 you make it sound much nicer than I remember lol
ReplyDelete"make your breath sound like italics..." love that. LOVE that. <3
ReplyDeletethanks, babe! :)
ReplyDelete