Sunday, May 6, 2012
the first time I was funny
my hands are cupped, held up to the light
catching nothing, but it feels warm.
my eyes squint through broken Coke bottles
my future's so dark, I need infrared lighting.
it sputters in and out the way the rain does
on those October mornings when everyone
forgets my name and they call me "new kid..."
"let's cut classes, get a couple burgers
because I remembered today's your birthday..."
you shrug and shoulder your tattered
corduroy bag, you hustle me up the stairs.
my heart lifts, a cloud so easily pushed.
you have rings on each finger and a ketchup
bottle in one hand, you bang on the end.
clink clink clink clink clink clink clink.
oh, it's absolute music. a clotted word escapes
my throat nervously, shaken free-I say something.
You laugh, I laugh. the first time I was funny-
that day you twisted and shook something up-
I was pulled through my narrow nothingness
on the other side I have rings on each finger
and a ketchup bottle in one hand, clink clink
clink clink- I laugh, this is vaguely familiar.
You laugh, but it's muffled-
you've face-planted in the mud, heels in the air.
and you don't remember that soggy October.
No you never remember anything,
even though you were there.
What a wild imagination I have.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Reach for the clouds. . .
Tickle your toes. . .
-
it's not possible. I think the problem must be- too much love and hate.
-
When standing in a garden of profundity everything loses it's meaning... and when stopping to smell the chromatic wisdoms you are lost i...
-
there ain't no other place like you to roam. where I dug in my heels and said "No, I won't come home!" Dancing in the warb...
-
The Anchor for Joel When love embarks, with its generating propellers slicing through the interminable oceans of imperfection that are, for ...
-
Recently I have been really attempting to delve into what it means to be a poet. Jim Morrison once wanted to be a poet, and look where it go...
-
take flight in linen and lace. things will mesh if you want them to. just throw yourself up against it and maneuver dainty fingers over tiny...
-
August 2003! A spree, and the W.A.P another month of you and possibly me W.A.P stands for wild animal park, if you don't remember- the ...
-
It's not the pen It is the ink But it is the dishes and not the sink and it's never in your eye but in your wink it's just froze...
-
The fog has permenantly frosted the window pane- my fingers tracing, communicating nothing, I leave perpetual markings--eternal my love for ...
No comments:
Post a Comment