Thursday, May 17, 2012
green-eyed lady
I swing in a mini skirt
and pill box hat,
cat-eyes and pompadour hair,
wild in my Stiletto-heeled
shoes- and I skulk in a monk dress
with the cowl over my head.
For evening wear I have my skimpy
chiffon, You can find me usually covered
in lace with matching long sleeves.
A feather boa on occasion.
and it's alright to bare my midriff
wide-belled ankles flowing,
you won't see me in those corsets,
seamed tights, skirts covering
my knees. oh dear, just
hand me my short plastic raincoat
and my go-go boots-
and watch my hemlines get shorter and shorter.
remember those urbanized days-
when life was in separates, pieces and not
efficiently outfitted?
tell me green-eyed lady,
were you radical, subversive,
do you remember a time when
counterculture and social revolution
permeated your white-washed air?
irresponsible excess and flamboyance.
that's all I see in you.
no, you don't remember anything
green-eyed lady, even though you were
there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Reach for the clouds. . .
Tickle your toes. . .
-
it's not possible. I think the problem must be- too much love and hate.
-
When standing in a garden of profundity everything loses it's meaning... and when stopping to smell the chromatic wisdoms you are lost i...
-
there ain't no other place like you to roam. where I dug in my heels and said "No, I won't come home!" Dancing in the warb...
-
August 2003! A spree, and the W.A.P another month of you and possibly me W.A.P stands for wild animal park, if you don't remember- the ...
-
The Anchor for Joel When love embarks, with its generating propellers slicing through the interminable oceans of imperfection that are, for ...
-
We're both writers but, why is it that we cannot truly express what it is we feel without the recommendation of a movie reel- We're ...
-
take flight in linen and lace. things will mesh if you want them to. just throw yourself up against it and maneuver dainty fingers over tiny...
-
It's not the pen It is the ink But it is the dishes and not the sink and it's never in your eye but in your wink it's just froze...
-
everything on my desk is blue. plus my shirt and my fingernails too- because I am here without you.
No comments:
Post a Comment