Monday, May 17, 2010

Caged Bird

Do you want to know where home is?
I thought home was where your memories sat.
The places, you look to,
eyes closed,
when what you see in front of you,
isn't living up to
all of that.

But as someone who lives in the sky,
always looking down and wondering why,
all those places I need to be,
Why I am never welcomed back,
Once I have been set free?

Cause, this caged bird, said,
“Bye, Bye”
That's all she can say.
That's all you want to hear.
That's why things aren't right today,
but tell me why, dear,
So why now can I see
that vintage cage, so clear?

Do you want to know where home is?
I thought home was where your loved ones are-
or just the people you can reach by car-
are those the people that you love?
or are those just people above you-
are they really the people who love you?
And if they ever stop, well,
whatever will you do?
So how does a heart work-
If you're too busy saving face?
The deep insides of everything.
If you're not allowed to love
more than one person
Yeah, they said I'm not allowed to love
more than one place, so,

Caged bird has no loyalties
she just says“Bye, Bye”
That's all she can say.
And everyone wonders why
That's all they want to hear.
So why now can I see
that gilded cage, so clear?


Well, you want to know where home is,
well you're asking someone whose never known it.
Home is where you were raised, and risen.
Home is just a prison
Home is just a refuse
Home is just a refuge
Home is where you left your heart
and home is where you find your
heart and home is where you break
your heart and home is where you
lost it. Home is where you buried it,
and where you burned it, home is
where you learned it.
and home is where you are haunted,
home is where you are wanted.

Home is where you're wanted.


That's why.
That's why the caged bird, said,
“Bye, Bye”
That's all I can say.
That's all you want to hear.
Tell me why, now,
I can only see the sky,
so clear?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reach for the clouds. . .

Tickle your toes. . .

Poets United Contributor