La Jolla
for Theodor Geisel (Dr. Seuss)
Barefoot on the coast
after burnt toast
from the long-nosed stove
on the cove.
I will escape the pointy shoe
of you.
I did vow to love you all my life
and keep you always as my wife.
Spinning 'round to turn the ache to something humorous
But you just wanted to be posthumous.
So you clung to the reef
Then hanging by your sleef
Fell down-
with a bumping sound.
Thump
thump
thump
How could you?
I must escape your too tight shoe.
I and you
once under that pinky-blue
You said, "Yes."
before I said "Do you?"
Then you tried on my shoes
that were too loose for you.
That burning hole chew-
you stumbled into.
How could you?
Oh, what a difficult haul,
you, woman, with shoes two sizes too small.
With sharp teeth that bite
stuck in me everynight
How could you?
So I found a rough Diamond, Stone, pure,
So I said "Do you?"
and she said "Sure."
Monday, April 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Reach for the clouds. . .
Tickle your toes. . .
-
it's not possible. I think the problem must be- too much love and hate.
-
When standing in a garden of profundity everything loses it's meaning... and when stopping to smell the chromatic wisdoms you are lost i...
-
there ain't no other place like you to roam. where I dug in my heels and said "No, I won't come home!" Dancing in the warb...
-
The Anchor for Joel When love embarks, with its generating propellers slicing through the interminable oceans of imperfection that are, for ...
-
Recently I have been really attempting to delve into what it means to be a poet. Jim Morrison once wanted to be a poet, and look where it go...
-
take flight in linen and lace. things will mesh if you want them to. just throw yourself up against it and maneuver dainty fingers over tiny...
-
August 2003! A spree, and the W.A.P another month of you and possibly me W.A.P stands for wild animal park, if you don't remember- the ...
-
It's not the pen It is the ink But it is the dishes and not the sink and it's never in your eye but in your wink it's just froze...
-
The fog has permenantly frosted the window pane- my fingers tracing, communicating nothing, I leave perpetual markings--eternal my love for ...
This one feels really close to home.
ReplyDeleteLiterally...
Because I lived near Dr. Seuss's house for a while.
Hah.
LMAO... Damnn Amy, I effing love it, good work here.
Really? When was that?!
ReplyDeleteWhen I lived in Torrey Hills. Just north of La Jolla.
ReplyDeleteoh recently. for some reason I was thinking when you were a kid. hah. that's awesome :)
ReplyDelete