I know now.
After the 17th time I've been through here.
that I was always lost
and always beautiful.
My true reflection was always hidden from me
It was something I was not meant to see,
others made sure of that.
All of those pictures my father kept secret
while the ones sent in cards, in letters
my eyes were red
or someone's head
in front of me
or my head half-cropped
my body chopped
everyone smiling
I was taking the picture
but I was not in it.
not in the grand scheme of it
and that was the grand scheme of it.
but early this morning
I passed through here once more
and I saw myself at 17.
Gorgeous,
looking down,
smiling,
not a frown,
the only one in the frame,
and I realized
I am exactly the same.
After all of that.
All of that-
Oh, give me a word-
all-
of-
that-
(snap, snap)
chaos.
I can feel
the chilly real
of forever self
pressed against my cheek.
so now I glide along the wall
pressed close now-
eyes closed-
only seeing what I was meant to see.
I don't want to see what lies ahead
and what lies ahead in front of me
and what lies?
a head
in front
of me
Monday, June 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Reach for the clouds. . .
Tickle your toes. . .
-
Another Indian woman living on our block has hair swept back and braided has jeweled toes, is in all yellow traditional regalia, and walks w...
-
hunger is sometimes preferable to loneliness. a stomach will twist- but hands become dirty and heavy when full of coins.
-
husband and I trek a mile for ice cream just for the creamy banana, crunchy pecans, and chunks of thumb-sized chocolate. shoes flipping and...
-
motionless sap. ogling your shadow, you have much thinking to do. has the potassium kicked you in the arse yet-and got you going? you a...
-
Tickling toes- there was something about that barefooted madness something about that wistful waist-high wishing and wooshing in the woods, ...
-
strange tree, your flowers look like badminton birdies.
-
July 12th My love's hands and eyes so full of surprise! he sees nothing wrong with giving me a synthetic strawberry.
-
sex object. not afraid of the words. I've used many objects for the sake of sex. in fact my body has been pretty disposable- I don't...
-
there ain't no other place like you to roam. where I dug in my heels and said "No, I won't come home!" Dancing in the warb...
-
The Opera The eyes of the firing-squad are aimed with lashed cross-hairs for now we, the chorus, all look like oiled up black ducks in a ro...
No comments:
Post a Comment