If my words were string
You would Twist them
right 'round your finger
until it's pulsating
forever pulling every
heartbeat away
from your center
to the one part of you
Used to take attention
away yourself.
And point at me.
Words are not always Alpha
sometimes they are Beta
Carotene, so we bite them
until they are raw and splintered
until they bleed and hurt.
Cut short. Abbreviated.
Until we've completely
changed their meaning
to what we believe
they mean.
If your words were sour milk,
I would drink them anyway,
because you say them so well.
Tuesday, June 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Reach for the clouds. . .
Tickle your toes. . .
-
Another Indian woman living on our block has hair swept back and braided has jeweled toes, is in all yellow traditional regalia, and walks w...
-
hunger is sometimes preferable to loneliness. a stomach will twist- but hands become dirty and heavy when full of coins.
-
husband and I trek a mile for ice cream just for the creamy banana, crunchy pecans, and chunks of thumb-sized chocolate. shoes flipping and...
-
motionless sap. ogling your shadow, you have much thinking to do. has the potassium kicked you in the arse yet-and got you going? you a...
-
Tickling toes- there was something about that barefooted madness something about that wistful waist-high wishing and wooshing in the woods, ...
-
strange tree, your flowers look like badminton birdies.
-
July 12th My love's hands and eyes so full of surprise! he sees nothing wrong with giving me a synthetic strawberry.
-
sex object. not afraid of the words. I've used many objects for the sake of sex. in fact my body has been pretty disposable- I don't...
-
there ain't no other place like you to roam. where I dug in my heels and said "No, I won't come home!" Dancing in the warb...
-
The Opera The eyes of the firing-squad are aimed with lashed cross-hairs for now we, the chorus, all look like oiled up black ducks in a ro...
No comments:
Post a Comment