I am the palm touching my cheek,
and hiding my face,
I am dead nerve endings--pulsating alive again,
I am the little girl who cuddles vicious, heat-struck
malamutes and singing, oblivious, clinging to them
nuzzling --giving too much love--accidentally
stepping on their tails--too close to their open jaws-
Oh, friendly beast, love me too for the moment,
meet this challenge, be the only one who can do it,
I am the blood congealing,
I am the sorry yellow napkin,
I am the old woman's wringing hands
I am the doctor's crooked stitch
Now I am,
a faded scar, I am no pain, but a
constant reminder,
Look at me, friends and foes,
I am the one who cares,
but I am the one you say
"this is a who-cares-you
should-have-known-better-heartbreak."
You stupid girl, you clumsy thing,
stop giving so much.
I am the love you reserve for those
who don't deserve you.
I am the love reserved
for the unlovely.
Thursday, October 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Reach for the clouds. . .
Tickle your toes. . .
-
it's not possible. I think the problem must be- too much love and hate.
-
Ah, 7. The number in question. During this process of developing my first full-length work of prose, and a memoir to boot, I have considered...
-
Out the window, I thought I saw Emily pale, gawking. a green T-shirt. bouncing firey springs on her head.
-
The Anchor for Joel When love embarks, with its generating propellers slicing through the interminable oceans of imperfection that are, for ...
-
Recently I have been really attempting to delve into what it means to be a poet. Jim Morrison once wanted to be a poet, and look where it go...
-
My latest endeavor is to begin reading "Tell it Slant: Writing and Shaping Creative Nonfiction" by Brenda Miller and Suzanne Paula...
-
I dismiss my mounds of paper, habitual piling. I embrace a soft blue-jay's tail.
-
August 2003! A spree, and the W.A.P another month of you and possibly me W.A.P stands for wild animal park, if you don't remember- the ...
-
It's not the pen It is the ink But it is the dishes and not the sink and it's never in your eye but in your wink it's just froze...
No comments:
Post a Comment