there ain't no other place like you to roam.
where I dug in my heels and said "No, I won't come home!"
Dancing in the warbling "cryk" out back-
way out back behind the shanty shack-
and in that shadow grove they danced with me,
the muses -I counted three.
First buzzed revenge, a stinger she left in my side
and then windy rebellion my blue ears she did chide
and then fluttering slowly growth she finally came
and asserted that all three are one in the same.
Tuesday, June 28, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Reach for the clouds. . .
Tickle your toes. . .
-
it's not possible. I think the problem must be- too much love and hate.
-
When standing in a garden of profundity everything loses it's meaning... and when stopping to smell the chromatic wisdoms you are lost i...
-
The Anchor for Joel When love embarks, with its generating propellers slicing through the interminable oceans of imperfection that are, for ...
-
Recently I have been really attempting to delve into what it means to be a poet. Jim Morrison once wanted to be a poet, and look where it go...
-
there ain't no other place like you to roam. where I dug in my heels and said "No, I won't come home!" Dancing in the warb...
-
take flight in linen and lace. things will mesh if you want them to. just throw yourself up against it and maneuver dainty fingers over tiny...
-
August 2003! A spree, and the W.A.P another month of you and possibly me W.A.P stands for wild animal park, if you don't remember- the ...
-
It's not the pen It is the ink But it is the dishes and not the sink and it's never in your eye but in your wink it's just froze...
-
The fog has permenantly frosted the window pane- my fingers tracing, communicating nothing, I leave perpetual markings--eternal my love for ...
I really like this one. So vivid. I'm going to return here often.
ReplyDeletethanks!!
ReplyDeleteThis has such an etheral feeling - really beautiful. :)
ReplyDeleteCasually bril as usual. Loved it - loved it loved it!
ReplyDeletecryk..cryk...
ReplyDeletevery unique poem! a new style of writing for me,, :)
thanks for sharing am :)
sincerely, Citra
:)
ReplyDeletelove the ending, a perfect build up.
ReplyDeletelovely entry.
Happy Rally.
Brilliantly written.
ReplyDeletenice! i enjoyed this alot!
ReplyDeleteWonderful. I could see the cryk and a little girl frollicking in the water. Nice!
ReplyDeleteA romp and a wander... and those muses? All three the same? I guess that is true!
ReplyDeleteWhimsical imagery, loved the symbolism of 'threes' and the evolving development of this piece. Lovely write ~ Rose
ReplyDeletethanks all!!
ReplyDeletea very accomplished poem, impeccably written
ReplyDeleteShort Story Slam Week 4 is still open for submission,
ReplyDeleteCome on in,
We love your creativity/talent…
Happy Thursday!
Love & hugs.
xoxox
Sweet. May they all stay with you!
ReplyDeletethose tricky Muses - beautiful poem
ReplyDeleteWindy rebellion? Smacks of tummy rumbling! LOL :)
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed the 'rhyme' in this. :-)
ReplyDeleteBluebell! You've closed your collection already!
ReplyDeleteThanks everyone!
This was lovely; I loved how you tied the 3 muses together! I loved the way it flowed~ I loved the ending, "and then fluttering slowly growth she finally came
ReplyDeleteand asserted that all three are one in the same"
Well Done~
yikes! I really enjoyed reading that! Thanks for thoughts.
ReplyDeletethis is so chill and yet so genious...
ReplyDeleteI know those three, know them well, you've captured them for sure!
ReplyDeleteFeelings we've all had. really emotional, love it!
ReplyDeleteRevenge, rebellion and growth - I love it! I love the flow of "way out back behind the shanty shack". Nice read!
ReplyDeleteI love your style because there is none to compare it too, its in a league all its own. Beautifully done =)
ReplyDelete^what a great comment. thank you. :)
ReplyDeleteall lovely comments, much appreciated!!
ReplyDeleteThis is alive and beautiful, Thank you, much appreciated, WS
ReplyDelete