Friday, May 4, 2012
damask
I want to eat through this lace like a moth,
Such a beautiful damask, my friend, but,
this awkward stuffiness is binding, and
there is an eye-hole for each pinch,
flutter, and nibble.
You ask me a question with each swig of memory
my head raised you joggle my eyes, I reorient myself,
still dizzied. you don't remember anything-
even though you were there.
Let us read the words of the already deceased,
That is to say, there would be nothing more forthcoming,
from you, from them, you would be-
soundless as a headstone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Reach for the clouds. . .
Tickle your toes. . .
-
it's not possible. I think the problem must be- too much love and hate.
-
Ah, 7. The number in question. During this process of developing my first full-length work of prose, and a memoir to boot, I have considered...
-
Out the window, I thought I saw Emily pale, gawking. a green T-shirt. bouncing firey springs on her head.
-
The Anchor for Joel When love embarks, with its generating propellers slicing through the interminable oceans of imperfection that are, for ...
-
Recently I have been really attempting to delve into what it means to be a poet. Jim Morrison once wanted to be a poet, and look where it go...
-
My latest endeavor is to begin reading "Tell it Slant: Writing and Shaping Creative Nonfiction" by Brenda Miller and Suzanne Paula...
-
When standing in a garden of profundity everything loses it's meaning... and when stopping to smell the chromatic wisdoms you are lost i...
-
I dismiss my mounds of paper, habitual piling. I embrace a soft blue-jay's tail.
-
August 2003! A spree, and the W.A.P another month of you and possibly me W.A.P stands for wild animal park, if you don't remember- the ...
No comments:
Post a Comment