Monday, May 14, 2012

earmark

I'm so glad to have an angry place to go. Where I can open my mouth and let things flow. Too often I'm interrupted mid-thought, cut short: So I'm more colorful here, after a sloppy retort. I tend to keep up appearances, too often polite: so I twist up my blankets and strangle the night. And I keep mental notes which look more like scratch, my ideas are stillborn, eggs forgetting to hatch. But I won't go back to window-watching, waiting my turn, I am in the thick of it now, and this forest does burn. you don't remember even though you were there, you earmark my heart like you are slicing a pear.

3 comments:

  1. I found you...not that you were lost...
    But then my life also has a few twisty-turns.

    I know this place of which you have spoken...
    That place to rent and rip...and then eventually when there are no more words to fly (in my case) I've had to let them go...

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) welcome (back) to both of us haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. even if you hadn't titled it "earmark", that part sticks out to me the most. x

    ReplyDelete

Reach for the clouds. . .

Tickle your toes. . .

Poets United Contributor