Saturday, May 19, 2012
make me laugh, I dare you
my life.
a hunger strike for food.
so there it is.
I hear the talking.
loving words.
"just try and make her laugh,
I dare you."
"she laughs, I've heard her laugh,
she laughs with her whole body
and sometimes she'll spit out her drink.
but it's a trick to make her laugh,
if you do it, you've won her over."
"no she doesn't-"
"yes she does, god, you don't remember
anything even though you were there."
mock the rapid impetuous.
I cough, shake and quiver.
my heart blooms.
there is a moment of spring.
my teeth are shiny snow.
but my ears are stuck.
unloving words.
"Not now dear, mommy's busy"
No more laughing.
I might be a failure.
a coward, a thin-skinned quitter,
a loser,
my backspace says otherwise. click click click
oops, is today the perfect day.
for a good cry? I melt.
a popsicle in the sun,
I don't need to say these
colors are frozen most of the
time,you know, just try and make
me laugh today, I dare you.
the heat, the heat
it always gets to me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Reach for the clouds. . .
Tickle your toes. . .
-
it's not possible. I think the problem must be- too much love and hate.
-
Ah, 7. The number in question. During this process of developing my first full-length work of prose, and a memoir to boot, I have considered...
-
Out the window, I thought I saw Emily pale, gawking. a green T-shirt. bouncing firey springs on her head.
-
The Anchor for Joel When love embarks, with its generating propellers slicing through the interminable oceans of imperfection that are, for ...
-
Recently I have been really attempting to delve into what it means to be a poet. Jim Morrison once wanted to be a poet, and look where it go...
-
My latest endeavor is to begin reading "Tell it Slant: Writing and Shaping Creative Nonfiction" by Brenda Miller and Suzanne Paula...
-
I dismiss my mounds of paper, habitual piling. I embrace a soft blue-jay's tail.
-
August 2003! A spree, and the W.A.P another month of you and possibly me W.A.P stands for wild animal park, if you don't remember- the ...
-
It's not the pen It is the ink But it is the dishes and not the sink and it's never in your eye but in your wink it's just froze...
No comments:
Post a Comment