Pedi-ness
The awkward tomboy within me
hides in the balls of my feet.
Itching, rising up my leg
begging for a scratch.
"Oh, say something, please,
don't be so polite!"
It's because I am once
again trampled by a
little girl with
petty, perfect, pink
nails, and I had forgotten
to "pedi" at all.
Sunday, April 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Reach for the clouds. . .
Tickle your toes. . .
-
Dear, Run. Arrows in your belly and ribs and rear you were once wounded, dear. Limping, Heartsick, Struggling to catch up green from my succ...
-
The Eternal Critic The light verses dark and the smudged and softened brush strokes suggests to me it is, as always, religious propaganda of...
-
you don't care, even though you were there. and so like you the little exhausted children sleep through all of the noise, and florescent...
-
Love is impatient with me. Love is unkind to me. It envies. It boasts. It is so proud. Love was once rude, it sought only itself and then wa...
-
There is a hidden warmth in you you do not show to others and it pulls me under like quick sand. Or maybe it is the movement of the sands th...
-
The fog has permenantly frosted the window pane- my fingers tracing, communicating nothing, I leave perpetual markings--eternal my love for ...
-
I am the palm touching my cheek, and hiding my face, I am dead nerve endings--pulsating alive again, I am the little girl who cuddles viciou...
-
did someone die, today? most likely. isn't that a difficult thing? was someone born, today? most likely. isn't that a difficult thin...
-
Recently I have been really attempting to delve into what it means to be a poet. Jim Morrison once wanted to be a poet, and look where it go...
-
a lock has been broken. safe-keeping is relative and unlike kitten curled up blanket-snug fever pitch is high caught low crib bars bend-and ...

I really love when you do poems about girls and how there are two sides to every one. Love it.
ReplyDelete<3 I can't help but write about myself. haha.
ReplyDeleteAh yes... I vacillate between periods of extreme girliness and passages of total practicality. I'll have perfectly painted toes for months, then eschew all color because yoga and pilates just chip it up anyway. The mood shows on the toes!
ReplyDeletehttp://www.kimnelsonwrites.com/2011/05/12/reflecting-back/
I love how you covered the topic and never mentioned it. This was an excellent read.
ReplyDeleteHenry Clemmons (Walk Away)
That's what I'm good for, Kid. hahaha.
ReplyDeleteThanks Kim!
I like how you summed up this mood~ Well Done
ReplyDelete