Saturday, July 10, 2010

1 Corinthians 13 (in the mirror)

Love is impatient with me.

Love is unkind to me.

It envies.
It boasts.
It is so proud.

Love was once rude, it sought only itself
and then was easily angered.
It remembered every mistake
I made, and recorded every wrong.
And never let me forget it.


And for a time
Love even delighted in the evil
of leaving me unrequited.
It rejoiced in everyone's deceit.

Now Love abandons me,
it denies me still--
Somehow it lost faith in me,
and it gave up.


I guess it's because I always fail.

2 comments:

  1. This is very good. I like the take on the Corinthians verse, very creative.

    We all fail, many times. Love is elusive. If you find it, great!

    Thanks for commenting on my log.

    Paul

    ReplyDelete

Reach for the clouds. . .

Tickle your toes. . .

Poets United Contributor