The tops of trees
for Hilda Doolittle (H.D.)
Some men are weak
and some men are strong
yet some reach the tops of trees with their song.
Some women have large hands,
and some women have small
yet some women stand on their hands, till they are no use at all.
Some words will run
and some words will fall
Tell me, friends, do these words make any sense at all?
Because the world did not.
That world was a leaf
that world was a stone
that world was just creatures stuck, or drifting alone.
I once was a child
but before I could speak
I was coerced to be well-versed, in Latin and Greek.
I am now scattered Polaroids
I am now a silly dream
I am now a peachy sherbet, covered with whipped cream.
And the leaves they make patterns
where the sun hits the shade
and the sun is now hiding, where you dig a hole with a spade.
You look at the tops of trees
while children play in traffic
avoiding watercolor images, so choreographic.
You songwriters, and poets.
You rise to the tops of trees
are you still looking for love?
Here I am “realizing self, an octave above.”
Thursday, April 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Reach for the clouds. . .
Tickle your toes. . .
-
it's not possible. I think the problem must be- too much love and hate.
-
When standing in a garden of profundity everything loses it's meaning... and when stopping to smell the chromatic wisdoms you are lost i...
-
there ain't no other place like you to roam. where I dug in my heels and said "No, I won't come home!" Dancing in the warb...
-
August 2003! A spree, and the W.A.P another month of you and possibly me W.A.P stands for wild animal park, if you don't remember- the ...
-
The Anchor for Joel When love embarks, with its generating propellers slicing through the interminable oceans of imperfection that are, for ...
-
take flight in linen and lace. things will mesh if you want them to. just throw yourself up against it and maneuver dainty fingers over tiny...
-
It's not the pen It is the ink But it is the dishes and not the sink and it's never in your eye but in your wink it's just froze...
-
everything on my desk is blue. plus my shirt and my fingernails too- because I am here without you.
-
The fog has permenantly frosted the window pane- my fingers tracing, communicating nothing, I leave perpetual markings--eternal my love for ...

No comments:
Post a Comment