Wednesday, May 16, 2012
mittens
where are my garden gloves to weed out your evils?
where are my rubber gloves to scrub off your stupid?
where are my surgical gloves to cut out your hard heart?
where are my boxing gloves to smash your face in?
I am just mittens, limp, fingerless and all thumbs.
opposable but disposable, could be permissible,
but just dismissible-you don't remember anything
even though you were there.
and I am just mittens-laid out, laid off, laid on, imposable.
intricate thread patterns meant to envelope sweet silky hands
with very little muscle.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Reach for the clouds. . .
Tickle your toes. . .
-
like me- it serves as a question as well as an appropriately foolish letter in bad company it only teams up with words like yodel, ...
-
Ah, 7. The number in question. During this process of developing my first full-length work of prose, and a memoir to boot, I have considered...
-
lean in a little. say it like it's a secret. make your breath sound like italics. click your tongue against the roof your mouth then you...
-
you knew I was talented, but you forgot. you knew I had potential, but you forgot. you knew I was gifted, but you forgot. you knew I had the...
-
The Anchor for Joel When love embarks, with its generating propellers slicing through the interminable oceans of imperfection that are, for ...
-
my hands are cupped, held up to the light catching nothing, but it feels warm. my eyes squint through broken Coke bottles my future's so...
-
I might even chance to stand on your back, for a lift, I wish my conscience could shirk the endless streaming seeds, inside my head, your br...
-
in August for John Keats I didn't die unrequited. I took a wife in August. My wife was wearing silky white shoulders holding out her bon...
-
did someone die, today? most likely. isn't that a difficult thing? was someone born, today? most likely. isn't that a difficult thin...
-
The fog has permenantly frosted the window pane- my fingers tracing, communicating nothing, I leave perpetual markings--eternal my love for ...

No comments:
Post a Comment