Monday, May 14, 2012
earmark
I'm so glad to have an angry place to go.
Where I can open my mouth and let things flow.
Too often I'm interrupted mid-thought, cut short:
So I'm more colorful here, after a sloppy retort.
I tend to keep up appearances, too often polite:
so I twist up my blankets and strangle the night.
And I keep mental notes which look more like scratch,
my ideas are stillborn, eggs forgetting to hatch.
But I won't go back to window-watching, waiting my turn,
I am in the thick of it now, and this forest does burn.
you don't remember even though you were there,
you earmark my heart like you are slicing a pear.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Reach for the clouds. . .
Tickle your toes. . .
-
Another Indian woman living on our block has hair swept back and braided has jeweled toes, is in all yellow traditional regalia, and walks w...
-
husband and I trek a mile for ice cream just for the creamy banana, crunchy pecans, and chunks of thumb-sized chocolate. shoes flipping and...
-
motionless sap. ogling your shadow, you have much thinking to do. has the potassium kicked you in the arse yet-and got you going? you a...
-
there ain't no other place like you to roam. where I dug in my heels and said "No, I won't come home!" Dancing in the warb...
-
Tickling toes- there was something about that barefooted madness something about that wistful waist-high wishing and wooshing in the woods, ...
-
sex object. not afraid of the words. I've used many objects for the sake of sex. in fact my body has been pretty disposable- I don't...
-
hunger is sometimes preferable to loneliness. a stomach will twist- but hands become dirty and heavy when full of coins.
-
it's not possible. I think the problem must be- too much love and hate.
-
to have sticky pins for fingertips and ballpoint pens for thumbs. then I could fascinate myself to you, and write away doldrums.
-
July 12th My love's hands and eyes so full of surprise! he sees nothing wrong with giving me a synthetic strawberry.

I found you...not that you were lost...
ReplyDeleteBut then my life also has a few twisty-turns.
I know this place of which you have spoken...
That place to rent and rip...and then eventually when there are no more words to fly (in my case) I've had to let them go...
:) welcome (back) to both of us haha
ReplyDeleteeven if you hadn't titled it "earmark", that part sticks out to me the most. x
ReplyDelete